How to Apply Press-on Nails
Prepping your natural nail is the key to long lasting press on nail looks.
Follow this simple step by step guide for a fool proof press on mani.
1. File and shape your natural nail.
Starting with a short rounded shape is best so your natural nail is not peeking out underneath your press on nail.
*also remember to file in the same direction to prevent nail snags and hang nails.
2. Buff your nail plate with a buffer.
This helps to remove any oils from your nails. Oils lead to nails easily popping off and we want your nails to last until you are ready to take them off.
3. Push cuticles back from your nail with wood stick.
Pushing your cuticles back eliminates the nail getting adhered to an area of your nail that could also increase the chances of your nail popping off.
4. Cleanse nail with an alcohol pad to remove any remaining oils and to help dehydrate nail for optimal adherence of the press on nails.
This next step has 2 options depending on how long you desire to wear your nails.
5. Apply sticky tab to your nail and rub the plastic backing with pressure to make sure it is securely snug on your nail. Then peel off the plastic backing.
5. Apply 2 - 3 drops of nail glue to prepped nail.
A little bit of glue goes a long way. If you use too much you could cause the glue to spread into the cuticle and side walls of your nails. Glue on any part of your skin could cause irritation; so be sure to apply slowly and carefully to the center of your nail.
6. Place press on nail to your nail and carefully align it so it has a flush look against your natural nail. Begin pushing with slight pressure for a good lasting grip.
Heres a finished product of our popular "James Nares Press Ons".